The port of Porto Rafti was a major trading place until the collapse of the Roman Empire. The names of the ancient villages around the bay of Porto Rafti were Steiria, Prasiai, and Koroni. They belonged to the paraktia (seaside) Pandionis phyle, according to the division of the Ancient Athenian Democracy by Clisthenes in the early 5th century BCE. The port of Porto Rafti is no longer in use as a commercial harbor due to environmental concerns, but it has an organized marina for smaller recreational vessels with seaside restaurants and cafes. This port was the scene of the allied troops' evacuation after the German invasion in Greece at the end of April 1941.
Christian era ruins and monuments are found on several spots in the territory.
Newly established churches, among them "St. Spiridonos Church" Greek Orthodox Church which is situated on south end of Peratis Mountain, just on the coast of a major beach that takes after this church name. It is one of the best known churches on the area is" Agia Marina", a Greek Orthodox Church on the way towards Avlaki established in1951.